Asparagus is part of food and medicine for a long time.
It is well known to provide delicate flavor to food. It is considered a great diuretic especially when combined with carrot.
It was used for cleansing and healing purposes in ancient medicine systems.
Asparagus juice / blend is considered much healthier than cooked one as cooking causes loss of some its health-promoting properties.
Extracting Asparagus benefits using Nutribullet
Okay, so there are so many ways one case use Asparagus. Here are two common recipes
- Take 3-4 medium size spear of Asparagus. Make sure the spears are fresh (Asparagus can be stored for years! So be careful here).
- Take 3-4 large carrots. Clean them properly (with warm water if needed)
- 1 large tomato
- 2-3 stalks of medium sized Celery
Put all the above in Nutribullet and let it blend. In case add slight amount of water. Stop when you see that the blend is uniform.
To this you can add pinch of lemon juice if needed for flavor.
Another way of taking Asparagus is with Apple. Here instead of everything is else we add – 2 apples and then blend.
You can chose the one based on your taste.
As we always keep saying, there are no rules in eating raw. The above recipe is just a guideline and you need to find the one that suits you best!
Health benefits of Asparagus
Asparagus offers some great health benefits and thus including in your raw diet can be a great choice. Some of the benefits are:
- Rich in several minerals and vitamins – Vitamin K, folate, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, copper, manganese, selenium, Vitamin E, etc.
- It is anti-inflammatory and rich in anti-oxidants
- Provides great support to our digestive system and thus great for people with general stomach disorders.
- Helps in regulating blood sugar and promotes heart health
- Studies have also shown that Asparagus has properties to fight cancer