ReviewsWorthy.net is reader-supported. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.Learn more
Alfalfa is a leguminous herb. It is widely used as food for livestock.
But the herb is full of benefits for humans too. Especially using fresh leaves and sprouts of Alfalfa when used to make blends / juices is a great option.
Alfalfa because of its high potency is not blended or juiced alone but along with other health-promoting vegetables such as carrot.
Health Benefits of Alfalfa
Okay, so why Alfalfa at all ? Here are a few reasons:
- Alfalfa is amazingly rich in minerals – A, B6, B12, C, D, E and K
- It is a powerhouse of antioxidants. In fact it is known to have one of the highest percentage of antioxidants among vegetables.
- Alfalfa is known to promote heart health by reducing arterial plaque and cholesterol levels.
- Alfalfa is also one of the richest sources of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is beneficial for heart and respiratory problems (sinus etc.).
Having understood its benefits lets now make some awesome blends using Alfalfa
Recipe of Alfalfa blend using Nutribullet
Cut roots of 2 handful of Alfalfa so that you get its leaves and sprouts only. Wash them thoroughly. You can keep them soaked also for half an hour
- Take 2 large size carrots wash them properly (with warm water if needed).
- Take half part of a small size beet
- Pinch of common salt / rock salt if needed (some people prefer slight salty taste)
- Put all the above in Nutribullet and blend till you get a sort of a uniform blend. Note that this is not a juice so it will think and texture will be uneven.
Your Alfalfa – carrot blend is ready!
Note that we have not mentioned any specific qualities of Alfalfa / carrot or beet root in the recipe because Alfalfa – carrot is not an orange or apple juice. It is fun to experiment a few times and then get your own recipe based on taste. That’s the whole point of eating raw!