With their motto “We’re in this together”, the Davis Manufacturing company was founded in 1982 with a goal to dutifully serve customers all around the world.
By producing innovative and quality products through superior research and by considering user feedback, the company strives to build long-lasting relationships with its customers.
Key Specifications of the Product Chlorhexidine 2% Shampoo
Can be used on dogs, cats, puppies and kittens
Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2%: It is an effective ingredient in many medicated shampoos. Chlorhexidine is bactericidal, that is it kills bacteria and also inhibits the growth of further bacteria. Its anti-septic properties provide relief and helps with the healing process.
Ammonium Laureth Sulfate – Like SLS and SLES, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate is a surfactant that is also derived from coconut. It helps in getting rid of any excess oil and dirt and is much gentler than SLS, SLES and Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. However, like all surfactants, there are chances it may irritate very sensitive skin.
Decyl Glucoside: This ingredient serves as a gentle surfactant and lathering agent. It is naturally derived from corn starch and coconut. It is also readily biodegradable and works great with sensitive skin (it does not irritate the skin at all).
Aloe Vera leaf: Aloe Vera is another natural ingredient derived from the plant of the same name. It provides several vitamins which helps in reducing swells (inflammation) and moisturises the skin.
Cosmetic grade preservative: Such an ingredient is added so that the ingredients do not decay, but last for a long period of time.
Other Key Aspects
- Purified fragrance
- Floral fragrance
- Its star ingredient Chlorhexidine fights all skin infections caused by bacteria
- Conditions and deodorizes the coat
- Gentle enough for use on sensitive skin
- Can be used for routine use
- Reduces inflammation caused by allergic reaction and hot spots
How to apply the shampoo:
- Use warm water to wet your pet
- Apply the shampoo first to the head and ear and lather while making sure to avoid the eyes
- Follow the same step down your dog’s body with legs coming in last.
- Allow the shampoo to sit in for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse thoroughly. Repeat if need be.
Available sizes: 12 oz and 1 Gallon
Customer Reviews of Chlorhexidine 2% Shampoo
We have researched and reviewed several customer feedback and product reviews on various websites, forums, polls, blogs and e-commerce sites and can thus conclude safely that this product is one of the best shampoos to fight bacterial skin infections.
Here are a few things the users liked or disliked about the shampoo:
What Customers Liked about the Product
- Using this shampoo saved a lot of time and money on the customer’s side. Many customers used this shampoo as an alternative to the many treatments their dog had already undergone without much effect. Needless to say, the shampoo worked beautifully.
- Does its job in eliminating bacterial skin infections. Customers whose dogs were suffering from recurrent skin infections and hot spots found relief with this product. In no time the infections faded away and even stopped the shedding. Some customers even combined this shampoo with one based on benzoyl peroxide to effectively get rid of yeast infections like demodectic mange as well!
- Has a nice and clean scent. Owners found this shampoo worked great in getting rid of any smelly or bad odours that popped up due to infections or from playing too much in the dirt in general.
- Leaves the coat soft and shiny. Several dogs who suffered from infections and itchy skin also experienced shedding. The shampoo helped in helping the hair grow back and also conditioned their coat to leave it shiny and healthy.
- Customers said this shampoo is gentle enough to be used on a regular basis, with some using it every two days while others used it on a weekly basis. Even though it is medicated, it does not irritate sensitive skin.
What Customers Disliked about the Product
None of the customers seemed to have any serious problems with the product!
Well, good news! Davis Chlorhexidine 2% Shampoo is perfect if your dog is suffering from staph infections or any other skin infection caused by bacteria.
Moreover, as seen in many cases, you can combine it with some benzoyl peroxide or miconazole based shampoo to get rid of yeast infections as well.
Want to buy? Check out best prices and deals at Amazon
Last Updated on