ReviewsWorthy.net is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.Learn more
Incorporated in 1978, Sogeval is a French pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets medicines and veterinary products worldwide – catering to pets in over 25 countries.
Their range of products that cater to the needs of companion animals include shampoos, conditioners, mousses, supplements, vitamins, etc.
Many more products are developed in the areas of dentistry, nutrition, dermatology, antibiotics and pain management.
With the aim of making the lives of animals and their owners much easier through high-quality solutions, the company is also the member of the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) – a group to which only companies that provide high standards of manufacturing supplements for companion animals are welcomed.
Key Specifications of Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads
Some of the key aspects of the product are:
These antiseptic and cleansing pads can be used for both dogs and cats. Its key Ingredients include:
- Chlorhexidine 3% – Chlorhexidine works strongly against bacteria (kills and inhibits their growth)
- Climbazole – Climbazole kills fungi and yeasts, works especially against Malassezia pachydermatis
- Phytosphingosine-salicyloyl – Phytosphingosine restores the skin barrier and also soothes inflamed and irritated skin
- Benzyl Alcohol
- Propylene Glycol
- Laureth 23
- Poloxamer 184
Problems it tackles
- For cleansing and disinfection of localized skin infections
- Also used in cases of Malassezia (a kind of yeast) overgrowth
Which part of pet’s body one can use it?
Can be used on:
- Paws of the animal
- Outer ear and ear canal areas
- Acne lesions on the chin
- Marks caused by pyoderma and Malassezia
- Between folds affected with skin infection
- Cleans without stripping the skin of its essential oils
- Does not contain alcohol
- One jar contains a month’s supply of 30 pads
- 100% biodegradable
Customer Reviews of Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads
On surfing through various product review blogs, forums, discussions and e-commerce websites, it is very much apparent that the product has been a bestseller among animal owners. Here are some of the things the customers liked and/or disliked about the product:
What Customers Liked About the Product
- Fastens healing. One customer found that their dog’s infection on the chin was cured within two weeks of using the pads!
- Works well on dogs with deep skin folds, which is a key thing for many dog owners.
- Even staves off skin allergies
- Gentle on skin. This is useful when your pet’s skin is very sensitive. It does not irritate the skin or cause redness.A customer found these pads much more gentle and effective than the pads they were using previously and stated that they would stick to Douxo
- One other customer’s dog found salvation in these swipes months after being subjected to antibiotics and allergy shots. The customer found these pads to be a much better and cheaper solution – a solution that led to their dog being infection-free for the first time in four years.
- A much cheaper option that does not sacrifice quality
- Fragrance removes bad odors
- Many customers stated that they use this product whenever an infection flares up
Given its effectiveness, many buyers believe it to be completely worth the money
What Customers didn’t Like about the Product
It is always the case that it is often not the case that one product will be the solution to all animals with the same problem.
While most of the customers praised the effectiveness of the pads, a few of them did not see a marked difference or improvement in their dog/cat.
But as we all know there can be numerous reasons for that. Overall, it seems to be a great product.
Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads price are in the same range of other similar products, maybe slightly on higher side. But that premium is well recovered by the effectiveness of the product during use.
We are confident that Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads is a great product for your pet dog.
We recommend that if your dog or cat is suffering from a bacterial or fungal skin infection, you should opt for these pads in combination with the chlorhexidine shampoo, as mentioned by many of the pads’ users.