Sogeval (stylized SOGEVAL) is a French pharmaceutical company that resulted from the merger of Thespos of the Sanders group and Sepval of the veterinary Pierre Fabre Group.
It was incorporated in 1978 and since then, it has developed, manufactured and marketed medicines and veterinary specialities worldwide.
Their products that cater to pets are sold in over 25 countries (Europe, USA and Asia).
Its US subsidiary launched the DOUXO dermatological range in the summer of 2006, a range which has become highly successful among owners.
The company caters to the needs of companion animals and thus manufactures care products such as shampoos, conditioners, mousses, vitamins, supplements, etc. in areas of dermatology, dentistry, nutrition, pain management and antibiotics.
The company aims to make the lives of the animals and their owners easier by being responsive to their needs and constantly providing solutions to their problems.
It is also a member of the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC), an industry group that prides themselves in high standards through manufacturing quality supplements for companion animals and pets.
Key Specification of the Product Douxo Chlorhexidine PS
The key specifications of Douxo Chlorhexidine PS include:
- Innovative product for skin or ear conditions
- Formulated with gentle anti-septic foaming solution
- Key ingredient: chlorhexidine which is bactericidal (kills bacteria) and bacteriostatic (inhibits growth of bacteria) and has strong antiseptic activity
- Another key ingredient – phytosphingosine-salicyloyl which is inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and controls excess sebum, and crusting on the skin.
- Other ingredients include Climbazole (active agent against fungi and yeasts), Lipacid C8G and hypoallergenic cleansing bases (neutral pH).
- Helps control cutaneous disorders associated with pyoderma
- Long-lasting film that moisturises the skin resists rinsing, thus preventing irritation and loss of moisture
- Suitable for frequent use on both cats and dogs
- Topical use and adjuvant management of superficial and severe pyoderma and dermatitis due to Malassezia
- Unique European-designed packaging including a no spill feature in shampoo bottles to prevent accidental waste
- Available in sizes such as 6.8 fl oz, 16.9 fl oz, and 3 litres
- NASC certified
- For external use on the fur or coat of animal.
- Wet animal with warm water
- Apply Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo on the fur and massage until a light foam is formed.
- Leave it lathered for 5 to 10 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Repeat twice if need be. Use conditioner after shampoo.
It is recommended to follow the veterinarian’s instructions:
- General dosage of 2 to 3 shampoos weekly for 3 to 4 weeks
- Dosage can then be reduced to one shampoo per week until lesions disappear.
- Contact a vet if irritation still continues or increases despite use.
Customer reviews of Douxo Chlorhexidine PS
After reading several opinions on blogs, forums, and e-commerce websites, it can be concluded that this product has more or less been a unanimous hit with barely two or three critical reviews against hundreds of favourable ones.
What customers like about the product
- Many customers like the fact that this is a no-hassle product
- They find it to be extremely effective with many seeing results after the first shampoo itself
- Fur is left soft and shiny with no scaly patches
- Lathers up well and their dog/cat smell great
- Best product for dogs and cats with numerous allergies
- Worth the money!
What customers did not like about the product
- Some customers faced problems with the package in which the shampoo would often be found to have spilled out of the bottle in large amounts.
- Very few still found the product to be too expensive
If your dog or cat is suffering from an unbearable allergic reaction or an irritating skin condition, then Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo is the perfect product for them.
Not only is this product manufactured by an established company known for its innovations and high standards of quality, it is one of the best-selling pet shampoos with a greatly positive customer feedback.
Not only does it give your pet the relief he/she needs, it also leaves their fur coat silky and healthy as ever. And it great to boot! Read reviews and buy from Amazon now>>