ReviewsWorthy.net is reader-supported. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.Learn more
The Eccotemp L5 portable tankless water heater is an excellent choice for outdoor uses. It is easy to install and can be operated with little to no effort. This heater does not require any complicated electrical or plumbing connections. It is ideal for camping, car wash, RVs, and other off-grid purposes. It can also be used at altitudes as high as 2000 ft.
Eccotemp is a family-owned company founded in 2004 at Summerville, South Carolina. Eccotemp is the number one producer of portable tankless water heaters in the world.
The company has adopted the latest technologies to create eco-friendly products that perform with high efficiency. Their products can be found not only in America but all over Europe and Australia as well.
The Eccotemp L5 is a portable gas-type tankless water heater that is ideal for camping, outdoor showers, bathing your pets and other off-grid uses.
For hot showers anywhere, all you have to do is attach a garden hose and 20 lb. propane tank to the unit.
The heater also houses an ignition system that is powered by 2 “D” cell batteries, allowing it to be used in places without electricity.
The batteries are included with the unit.
The heater should be operated between 20 psi and 80 psi pressure, and it is compatible with 12 V pumps. The unit is capable of producing a flow rate of 1.5 GPM within the temperature range of 50˚F and 140˚F.
The heater also features an automatic shut-off system that is activated when the unit is run for more than 20 minutes or if the heater is tilted to more than 45˚ on any side.
Key Specification Table
Some other key specifications are as given below in the table
|Dimensions||15.9" H x 11.4" W x 4.8" D|
|Flow rate||1.5 GPM|
|Map zone||Southern region, Mid region, Northern region|
|Power type||Liquid Propane|
Assembly / Installation
The Eccotemp L5 tankless water heater can be easily installed outdoors for instant use. The absence of complex plumbing, venting, and electrical connections make its installation process an effortless one.
The unit comes with a mounting bracket that can be fixed easily. After mounting, connect the 20 lbs. propane tank to the heater with the help of the gas hose and the regulator.
Connect the water hoses to the water inlet and outlet of the heater.
Finally, insert the two “D” cell batteries for ignition. Use the ON/OFF switch at the bottom of the unit for an endless supply of hot water.
The manufacturer provides a limited warranty for L5 portable tankless water heater. The warranty period is 1 year for the heat exchanger and the other parts, and 30 days for the free accessories.
The warranty becomes void if the product is used in a hot water circulation loop or if used as a pool or spa heater. Any misuse, accidents or other events leading to avoidable damages in the product are not covered by warranty.
To avail warranty, place a call to Eccotemp at 1-866-356-1992 or contact them through the website www.eccotemp.com.
The Eccotemp L5 has received mostly positive reviews form the people who have purchased this product. Users have found the product easy to install and operate. The temperature setting can also be done very easily.
Customers who have used the product for camping trips, in recreational vehicles and other outdoor used are more than satisfied with the product’s performance.
The affordability and ease of installation of this heater are some of the features that consumers seem to appreciate.
Some users have reported that the heating of water is quick and virtually no wait time is required for hot water. Reviewers have stated that while all this is being done, the unit does not consume much propane.
However, the heater has received some complaints as well. Some users have been discontent with the quality of the accessories that come with the product.
There have also been instances of users being discontent with the product’s operation in windy areas. Exposure to too much wind sometimes blows out the burner.
Although the product has received some critical responses, the positive comments are far greater in number, with most consumers recommending this product highly.
- It is an inexpensive product that does not use up too much fuel.
- The portability and lightness of the product allow the user to carry it anywhere.
- The batteries make it possible to use the heater in areas where electricity is not readily available.
- Can be used at elevations as high as 2000 feet.
- It comes with free accessories that are replaceable for 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Requires frequent maintenance to eliminate the chances of lime-scale build-up in the heater.
- There is a decrease in efficiency and performance at heights above 2000 feet.
- Cannot be fixed permanently for any point-of-use applications.
- Being Designed and developed in Summerville SC USA, The Eccotemp L5 is the only legal CSA Certified portable tankless water heater on the market that can legally be sold in the US and Canada!
- Lightweight, easy to carry, and compact, makes using it for camping, hunting, in your Tiny Home, RV’s, Poolside, Washing Pets, Equestrian, Cleaning Vehicles, Greenhouses or anywhere else that you need instant reliable endless hot water perfect for hot water anywhere you need it.
- Runs on a standard 20 lb. liquid propane tank and is equipped with an electronic ignition. Powered by 2 “D” cell batteries, making it ideal for on-the-go. Make the L5 even more convenient and pair it with the EccoFlo 12v water pump, allowing you to have hot water in the most remote locations!
Eccotemp EZ-Flush Descaler Kit
This portable tankless water heater has an adjustable knob that allows the user to set the desired outlet water temperature.
The heater must be completely drained of water before putting it away for storing. Failure to do so might cause the tubing to freeze and burst.
The L5 tankless water heater does not have an internal pump. It requires a minimum pressure of 20 psi to operate. If the inlet water pressure is not at least 20 psi, using a water pump is recommended.
Yes. Other than the button present on the heater body, an ON/OFF button is present on the showerhead as well.
The Eccotemp L5 portable tankless water heater is an excellent choice for outdoor uses. It is easy to install and can be operated with little to no effort. This heater does not require any complicated electrical or plumbing connections.
It is ideal for camping, car wash, RVs, and other off-grid purposes. It can also be used at altitudes as high as 2000 ft.
If you are looking for a low-price, efficient, versatile portable tankless water heater that supplies continuous hot water, then the Eccotemp L5 is the perfect choice for you.
Last update on 2020-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API