ReviewsWorthy.net is reader-supported. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.Learn more
EcoSmart US, LLC is a company that manufactures tankless water heaters for a variety of uses.
EcoSmart has a patented self-modulating technology that can save up to 50% in utility bills compared to tank-style water heaters.
All EcoSmart products are ETL and FIDE certified, and adhere to the standards set by CSA.
EcoSmart ECO 11 is a low flow rate tankless water heater whose small size makes it easy to install in any location.
This heater uses electricity to heat the water flowing through it. It is a highly durable product that is ideal for small and point-of-use applications.
The EcoSmart ECO 11 is a high-performance unit with a uniform energy factor of 0.98 that uses electricity to heat water.
The output flow rate of the product varies with the inlet water temperature. This tankless water heater is ideal for inlet water temperatures of 67˚F and above.
For temperatures below that, it can be used as a point-of-use water heater. The flow rates for various inlet temperatures are as follows.
|Inlet temperature (˚F)||Hot water flow rate (GPM)|
EcoSmart ECO 11 – Specification Table
Some of the other important specifications of EcoSmart ECO 11 tankless water heater are as given below –
|Dimensions||11.5"H x 8"W x 3.75"D (in inches)|
|Activation flow||0.3 GPM|
|Pipe fittings||½" CF|
|Amperage draw||54 A|
|Required breaker||60 A|
|Required wire||6 AWG|
|Certifications||UL-488, ETL listed|
The installation of this product is quite simple and can be done without much effort.
However, EcoSmart recommends that a trained professional be hired to do this job to avoid any injuries or damage to the product.
Choosing an installation location does not have many limitations as this product is compact and does not require venting.
Ensure that the chosen location is free from any materials that may be harmful to the heater. While mounting, the clearances mentioned by the manufacturer must be maintained.
While performing the plumbing and the electrical connections, handle the heater components carefully to avoid any damage to the heater components. Follow the instructions in the manual carefully while doing these procedures.
Finally, a flow regulator might be required so that the heater performs at its optimum. Installation is a crucial process that can enhance or mar the working of your heater.
Hence, hiring an experienced person to do this job would be a better option than doing it yourself.
EcoSmart Green Energy Products provides a limited lifetime warranty service for all tankless water heaters, given that the product is installed and registered within 30 days from the date of purchase.
Proof of the date of installation is required to avail these services.
The warranty period is reduced to 5 years if the product is installed in places outside the US and Canada. The services cover damages to the heat exchanger and the electronics, but not labor charges.
If the user identifies any damage on a fresh product before 30 days after purchase or before installation, the user is eligible to get a full refund or a replacement unit.
This is under the condition that the product is in the same condition as during purchase.
The repair and replacement services are not applicable in case of the following events.
- Damages to the product due to mineral build-up, corrosion, and freezing.
- Damages caused due to improper installation, operation, or maintenance.
- Product failure caused by air that was not removed before operating the heater.
- If the product was not installed or operated in accordance with the local, state, or national codes.
- Misuse, misapplication, accidental damage, damages due to power surges or applying the wrong voltage and other damages caused by the user are not covered.
- Labor charges, shipping and delivery charges, handling charges, and other miscellaneous charges are not covered in the warranty.
To avail the limited warranty services, the user must have registered the product within thirty of receipt.
For assistance or technical support, place a toll-free call to EcoSmart at 877-474-6473 or contact the office at the address 400 Captain Neville Drive, Waterbury, CT, 06705.
Care and Maintenance
Maintenance checks should be done annually to prevent any major damages to the heater. The heater should be checked for cracks, leaks, weaknesses, or any sort of small or large damages at least once every year.
This also includes checking for and clearing any mineral build-up in the heater unit. If the heater is being used in a location with higher mineral levels in the water, maintenance has to be done at smaller intervals.
Do not perform any maintenance tasks before shutting off the power to the heater. Serious injuries or damages to the product may occur if not done so.
During maintenance, it is possible for some amount of air to be introduced into the plumbing system.
If this air is not removed before operating the heater, major damages to the heating elements may occur, which is not covered by the limited warranty provided by the manufacturer.
For any issues with the water heater that might require assistance, place a call to the toll-free number 1-877-474-6473, or reach out to the support team at [email protected]
Customers who have purchased the EcoSmart ECO 11 electric tankless water heater have left generally favorable reviews on the product. The temperature setting which can be done easily in increments of 1˚F is one feature that users find appealing.
Customers have also said that if the product is installed and operated appropriately with regular maintenance, the heater continues to perform optimally for a very long time.
The product also has a very modest price and high energy efficiency that reflects in the utility bills as well. The payback from using this product is quite fast.
Due to its compact build and low price, consumers are finding this product an ideal choice for point-of-use applications and for installation in single bathrooms.
Users can claim warranty for any damages under the manufacturer’s terms and conditions at any time after the purchase of the product.
However, some consumers have failed to obtain a warranty for the product due to improper/not understanding of the terms.
This is a compact product with a very low flow rate. Several users have failed to do proper research on this heater before purchasing.
It is extremely important that the users carefully evaluate the appliances and the temperatures at which they want to operate the product.
- High efficiency and Uniform Energy Factor 0.98 that help save a lot of energy as well as money, up to 50% in heating costs.
- ECO 11 has a self-modulating technology that adjusts the amount of energy that has to be input based on the amount of hot water required.
- The heater unit is very light and can be installed with very less effort.
- It is very small in size and does not require any venting making it the perfect choice for point-of-use applications.
- Easy to operate and maintain.
- Lifetime warranty services are available for the heat exchangers and other electronic parts.
- It has a low flow rate and cannot be used to supply hot water to an entire household. The flow rates are also subject to change during colder seasons.
- The warranty can only be availed if the product is installed by a professional and if the product is registered within 30 days of purchase.
- Endless On-Demand Hot Water; Consistent hot water when you need it that never runs out; Continuously monitored water temperature and controlled flow rates ensure efficiency and consistent performance within 1 degree of selected temperature
- Save Space; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 90% smaller than traditional tank heaters; may be installed on wall or at point of use; Dimensions 11.5 x 8 x 3.75 inches
- Save Energy; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 99% thermal energy efficient; Only heats water when called unlike a tank heater that maintains water temperature even when not being used.
The EcoSmart ECO 11 is the perfect water heater for point-of-use applications such as showerheads and hand-washing sinks. At warmer temperatures, this heater can be used for multiple applications as well.
If you are looking to purchase a compact and high-efficiency tankless water heater at an affordable price, the EcoSmart ECO 11 is the right choice for you.
However, at colder regions such as the Northern US states, the heater is capable of producing very low output flow rates.
It is important to understand the operating capacity of the heater prior to installation. Before purchasing this product, carefully evaluate your hot water needs and the temperature requirements that have to be satisfied with its use.
The product’s temperature settings can be set with a remote. However, the remote is not sold with the heater unit and has to be bought separately.
ECO 11 is ideal for smaller homes than larger households. It has a low flow rate that may not be able to meet the hot water needs of a large house. It can, however, be used for point-of-use applications.
To avail warranty services, the installation has to be done by a plumber and an electrician both. All service receipts are necessary to claim warranty.
The EcoSmart ECO 11 is a high efficiency, electric tankless water heater with a self-modulating technology that enables it to input only the necessary energy depending on the amount of hot water required.
It has a compact and light build making it ideal for point-of-use applications.
Proper installation and operation of the product and regular maintenance of ECO 11 tankless water heater will benefit the user greatly in terms of energy and money savings.
Last update on 2022-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API