LifeShield was founded in 2002 in response to the pressing need for affordable, wireless home security systems that uses the most advanced devices. Lifeshield functions in 50 states of the United States of America and it offers high quality security systems that are monitored 24 hours in a day, for 365 days in a year.
Products in Home security
There are three home security packages offered by Lifeshield. Let us take a look at them.
- Home Essential Kit- Value Package– This package offers professional monitoring that starts at $ 29.99/month. It includes one base, one console, one keychain remote, two door/window sensors and one yard sign/decals.
- Home Essential Kit- Gold Package– Professional monitoring for this package starts at # 35.99/month. It is the most popular package offered by LifeShield. The devices included in this package are- one base one console one fire safety sensor, one motion detector, one keychain remote, one yard sign/decals and three door/window sensors.
- Home Essential Kit-Platinum Plus Package– This is the premium package offered by the company. Professional monitoring for this package starts at $ 40.99/month. This package includes one base, one controller, one fire safety sensor, one motion detector, one security camera, one keychain remote, one yard sign/decal and three door/window sensors.
Home Essential Kit- Platinum Plus Package
The Home Essential Kit- Platinum Plus Package is the most comprehensive home security kit offered by LifeShield. You find additional video monitoring and more control in this package than its other packages. This is the premium package offered by Lifeshield for which professional monitoring costs starts at $ 40.99/month. The basic devices in the package are offered free of cost but any additional equipment is chargeable. This price is valid for a 60-month agreement. A pre-configuration fee of $ 49.99 is charged.
Let us look at the devices included in this plan.
- Base– There is one BSC-1000 base which has a PSC0101 Power adapter. It comes with a rechargeable battery pack, phone cord and internet cable.
- Console– There is one KPC-1000 Console which also has a PSC0101 Power Adapter. This console also comes with a rechargeable battery pack. You also get a wall plate and table stand with the console. The console can be used to access all the controls of the home security system. There are push buttons that allow you to key in the password and also to manage other parts of the system.
- Door and Window Sensors– There are three SNC 1000 door/window sensors available with this package. The come with bracket spacers, bracket tape, brackets, magnetic spacers, magnet and magnet tape.
- Fire Safety sensor- These sleek devices let you keep your house safe from fire or smoke related emergencies. There is one fire safety sensor available in this package.
- Motion Detector Sensor– You can attach motion detectors in a particular area to ensure that you are alerted whenever motion is detected. You can attach it near the porch to know when someone has come. There is one motion detector available in this package.
- Indoor Security Camera– This is a wireless security camera that be attached inside your house to monitor a particular area. The camera is made specifically for indoor conditions.
- Keychain Remote– There is a single KRC 1001 keychain remote available with this package which allows you to arm or disarm your system from anywhere. It works on a Lithium Battery. This keychain remote can easily fit inside your pocket You can also hang it on your keychain so that it is easy to carry around.
- Yard Sign/window Decals– You are provided with one yard sign and two window decals in this package. These will ensure that intruders know that they are trying to enter a house that is protected by LifeShield. Knowing this will deter a number of intruders and burglars.
- Web and Mobile Apps– These applications allow you to keep in touch with the home security system in order to access all its features.
Cellular devices are not available with this package. You can communicate through your system through broadband internet. A phone line can be used as a back-up but it is generally not required since LifeShield seldom fails to deliver. You can easily add more devices to your system to make it more comprehensive.
The devices mentioned above allow Lifeshield to offer many features to you. Let us look at the home security features available in the Home Security- platinum Plus Package.
- Fast response times
- Powerful protection against threats
- Easy and quick installation process
- Professional installation services
- Burglary or intrusion monitoring
- Remote access
- Fire, Environment and Medical Emergency monitoring
- 100 decibel sirens (Two in number)
- Portable system
- Video Monitoring
- Patented products
- Interactive monitoring
- Crime statistics
- Scheduling reminders
- 24×7 Professional Monitoring (365 days a year)
Of all the services mentioned above, there a few key services that LifeShield prides itself in. Let us take a deeper look at what these are.
- Layered Security– There are four layers of back-up to your security system. In case the wireless system fails, it is backed up by a cellular system. In case the cellular system fails it is back up by your phone connection, which again is backed with 24 hours of battery. So, even if the internet is down, the power is out, or the phone lines are dead, the system will work.
- 24- hour battery back-up– The system provides 24 hours of battery back-up, a feature that is not found in most systems in the market. This feature makes LifeShield security systems unparalleled in the market.
- Easy Installation– You need not bring a professional to install the system because it can be easily done by you. Just follow the instructions in the manual and you security system will be up in under an hour. In case you do opt for professional installation, the home security experts will ensure that the system is up and running on the very next day.
- Smart Fire Protection– LifeShield has identified a loophole in the fire protection services offered by most security companies. They realize that most companies require the individual to notify emergency services in case of a fire. The Smart Fire detector knows when the situation is dangerous enough to notify emergency services so that they can carry out their rescue missions on time.
- Flexible Security Sensors- The security sensors included in the plan can be attached inside or outside your house. They are very small and can be easily camouflaged. This allows you to identify when the main door has been opened. You can now monitor when your kids return from school or go out again even when you are outside.
- Interactive Home Monitoring– LifeShield prides itself in its interactive home monitoring services. It has developed a cutting edge portal which allows you to access all the features of your system. This portal can be used free of charge. You can get instant alerts through this portal. You can even see the history of alerts and set custom notifications.
The features offered by LifeShield reflect that the makers have spent considerable time in studying the market and customers in order to identify the demands of the market. Their cutting edge devices and 24×7 professional monitoring services serve most of the basic needs of home security. They have not delved into home automation like most of the other companies in the market.
In the end ..
Even though LifeShield is rather new in the home security business, it has made a name for itself and garnered a number of positive responses from customers. Let us take a look at what customers have been saying about it.
- Free basic security system
- Great monitoring services
- Intelligent devices
- Interactive system
- Easy to install
- Four layers of back-up
- No activation fee
- No landline required
- Manufactures its own equipment and software
- 100 % wireless system
No significant one.
LifeShield has established a good name in the home security market even though it was founded as early as 2002. By manufacturing its own equipment and providing its own software, it stands in a different league altogether.
The excellent monitoring and control features provided by the company are commendable. More so, they are true to their motto of making home security affordable by eliminating activation and initial equipment fee. We would recommend this home security system without a second thought.