Teeth whitening is one trend that has caught on like a wildfire.
People are becoming more aware of the importance of dental care and oral hygiene and white teeth are symbolic of this.
It is not possible for one to stick to all the dental procedures there are so the teeth tend to suffer because of this. Whitening products have come to the rescue in this case.
- About Sheer White
- Key Specifications of Sheer White Teeth Whitening Strips
- What the customers think of Sheer White Teeth Whitening Strips
- What we recommend
About Sheer White
Sheer white is a part of the CAO group headed by Dr. Densen Cao.
This company is headquartered at West Jordan (Salt Lake City) Utah. Sheer White is their line of dental products that mainly offers the teeth whitening system.
One can visit their website here to get to know more about them. It provides comprehensive details about the product and also all the other services and products that are offered.
Key Specifications of Sheer White Teeth Whitening Strips
The following are some of the details and specifications about the aforementioned product that gives a clearer idea about what it is and has to offer.
Ingredients and constituents
The packaging contains 10 strips in total (5 upper and 5 lower). The strips are lined with the whitening gel. The gel is comprised of 20% carbamide peroxide which is the key whitening constituent of the product. It is a 5-day treatment.
Instructions of use
The following are some instructions that should be followed when using this product to get the best possible results.
- One should brush and floss their teeth before beginning to get the best results out of it.
- The whitening side of the strips is facing upwards on opening the packaging. It needs to be removed by following the pictorial instructions available with the packaging.
- The film is then centered properly and lined against the gum line to cover the area of the teeth as best as possible.
- The film should also be applied properly to the back teeth.
- The excess of the film should be folded over to cover the backside of the teeth.
- The film is then kept on for any time duration between 2-8 hours (or overnight).
- One needs to use tissue or napkin to then remove the film from the teeth as it is pulled away.
- Any excess gel is then removed by brushing and rinsing afterwards.
One can also watch this video here to get a clearer idea about this product.
Points to keep in mind while using
The following are some general tips and precautions that one can follow to best use this product and avoid any unwanted side effects:
- Brushing and flossing before use is mandatory as it helps to increase the effectiveness of the gel and get the most out of it.
- One should avoid smoking during the whitening treatment.
- Any contact between the gel and the eyes should be avoided. If it occurs, one should rinse the eyes with a lot of water.
- Pregnant and lactating women should not be using this product.
- The product should also not be used by children under 12 years of age.
- Any contact with clothing should be avoided.
- The film should not be swallowed.
- Product should be discontinued in case of swelling or gum redness or irritation.
- If one grinds their teeth then the film should be removed and replaced.
- Anyone allergic to peroxide should also not use this product.
- It should not be used for more than 5 days as has been described in the regimen.
Special features of Sheer White Teeth Whitening Strips
The product is effective enough to show visible whitening after just 5 days. The concentration of peroxide has been regulated carefully to give the best possible results without causing any damage to the enamel.
What the customers think of Sheer White Teeth Whitening Strips
The following is a general summary of the common opinions and reviews given my the consumers regarding this product.
All the good things
- The strips were effective and one could see immediate whitening after the use of this product.
- The strips are made thicker and stayed in place when used overnight without slipping or detaching from the teeth surface,
- The kit is affordable and more reasonably priced as compared to the other whitening products that are unable to perform up to the standards that are set by this product.
Limitations and Issues
- The strips cause gum irritation when they came in contact with the gums. Also, a few customers experienced teeth sensitivity on using this product.
- The gel was dried out well before its expiration date when it was delivered to the customers which made it ineffective.
- The users can feel the taste of peroxide in their mouth while using this and since, there is no alternative mint flavor available, the consumers will have to make do with the taste in their mouths.
- The strips seemed to have melted well before their expiration dates and there were certain white spots that made the customers unsure if the product was safe to use.
What we recommend
The consumers seem to be in two minds regarding this product.
While it worked wonders for some, there were others that were unimpressed with its performance.
We would recommend that one should consult with their dentist before using this product to know about all the possible side effects beforehand.
If you want to try, you can buy it here on Amazon>
Last Updated on