Quick Answer: Dewalt DWE7480 vs Bosch GTS1031
A powerful table saw is a must-have if you are a traveling woodworker and luckily, DEWALT and Bosch offer a variety of options for you to choose from when it comes to jobsite table saws. Depending on your priorities, you could go for the DWE7480 with great rip capacity, assured accuracy and a 3-year warranty or the Bosch GTS1031 with its extremely durable design offering excellent speed and better portability.
Jobsite table saws are the more portable version of a table saw, relied upon by workers who need to constantly move from one place to another.
The DEWALT DWE7480 and the Bosch GTS1031 are two great jobsite table saws, ideal for the professional worker or small contractor as well as useful to the serious hobbyist.
Both offer powerful performance at maximum accuracy combined with easy portability and improved durability but vary in several spheres as well.
Now let us look at both these products more closely and understand their differences.
Comparison: Dewalt DWE7480 vs Bosch GTS1031
Both these jobsite table saws have their own unique features offering varying levels of durability, portability, and accuracy.
The DEWALT model provides greater rip capacity but its cuts are not as powerful as the Bosch’s which is also higher on the price scale. Let’s review all the differences between the two for easier comparison.
|PARAMETER||DEWALT DWE7480||BOSCH GTS1031|
|Motor||15 Amp||15 Amp|
|No-Load Speed||4,800 RPM||5,000 RPM|
|Max Rip Capacity to Right of Blade||24”||18”|
|Max Rip Capacity to Left of Blade||12”||7¾”|
|Cut Depth at 90°||3-1/8”||3-1/8”|
|Cut Depth at 45°||2¼”||2¼”|
|Bevel Angle Range||0° to 45°||-2° to 45°|
|Dust Collection System||Yes||Yes|
|Dado Blade Compatibility||No||Yes, ½” dado blade capacity|
|Weight||48 lbs||52 lbs|
|Price||Check Price on Amazon||Check Price on Amazon|
|Warranty Duration||3 years||1 year|
|Who Should Use||Professional workers, serious hobbyists||Professional workers, serious hobbyists|
Quick Review of the DEWALT DWE7480
Founded in 1924, DEWALT is a leading international manufacturer of power tools and hand tools that facilitate in construction, manufacturing, and woodworking.
The DEWALT DWE7480 Job Site Table Saw features a 15-Amp motor, delivering a speed of 4,800 RPM and allows cutting of large and hardwood materials.
It has a maximum rip capacity of 24 inches to the right of the blade and 12 inches to the left of the blade. Its ability to cut through a variety of shelving and trim materials smoothly is afforded by its superior table coating which reduces friction.
This saw has a 10-inch blade with great cut capacity and can be adjusted from 0 to 45 degrees for bevel applications. It comes with a blade guard for user safety.
Accuracy is guaranteed with the DWE7480’s rack and pinion fence, and adjustable rear feet which level the saw on uneven work surfaces.
Lightweight when compared to other table saws on the market, it is highly portable and features a metal roll cage base. Onboard storage ensures ease of use.
Here’s a video giving a closer look at all of DWE7480’s features:
- Dust extraction system consists of a 2½” dust port which easily connects to a vacuum, minimizing clean up
- Quick and accurate fence adjustments with the Rack and Pinion Telescoping Fence System
- Site-Pro Modular Guarding System provides for tool-free adjustments of guarding components for each application
- Onboard storage system gives easy access to Site-Pro Guard components and push stick when not in use
- Adjustable rear feet help level the saw on uneven surfaces
- Metal roll cage base has better durability than plastic bases
- Table coating reduces friction and allows for smoother cutting
- Doesn’t support dado blades
- Fence system could be improved
- Miter gauge could be improved
Designed for professional use, the DEWALT DWE7480 Table Saw can be used for general construction work, general carpentry, trimming, deck building, laying flooring as well as home remodeling and repair work.
Generally targeted at contractors, it can also be used by the dedicated hobbyist or DIY-enthusiast for a wide range of applications.
Quick Review of Bosch GTS1031
Bosch is a German engineering and technology company founded in 1886. Bosch manufactures top quality tools for use in industrial, trade as well as in the household in addition to producing vehicles.
The Bosch GTS1031 Jobsite Table Saw has a superior no-load speed of 5,000 RPM, granted by its 15-Amp motor.
It allows for faster, smoother and effortless cuts with its 10-inch blade which has a rip capacity of 18 inches to the right and 7¾” to the left of the blade.
The best-in-class fence has been designed to provide better accuracy while cutting. It allows for one-handed operation and quickly locks into place.
The riving knife prevents the material from pinching the blade and better cutting efficiency. This saw has a well-functioning blade guard system that attaches and detaches in mere seconds.
The tool-free dust chute clear-out is an added bonus that provides an easier way of keeping the workplace clean.
In addition to the onboard storage, this saw also has a one-handed, soft-grip carry handle which makes portability easier. It has an all-steel base designed to handle abuse on the road and heavy-duty work conditions.
The GTS1031 is easy to set up on a stand or work platform with well-positioned dual-side handles.
Check out this video about the GTS1031 to better understand its design:
- All-steel base design ensures durability and easier portability during transport from jobsite to jobsite
- SquareLockRip fence glides along the rail easily and locks into place for precise and consistent cutting performance
- Onboard storage ensures that your rip fence, smart guard, miter gauge, push stick and wrenches remain secure during transport and easily accessible while working
- Smart Guard System featuring easy-to-use modular blade guard, anti-kickback pawls and riving knife system offering better control while cutting
- Tool-free dust chute clear-out gives easy access to dust port and vacuum for better maintenance
- Customers report that the blade tends to wobble
- Rip capacity could be better
- A short warranty period of one year
- Slightly higher on the price scale
The Bosch GTS1031 would be a great addition to the home workshop, although it is more suited for use by the small contractor who has to move his workspace from one spot to another.
It is useful in cutting a variety of materials including plywood, floorings, hardwoods, lumber, and so on.
Deciding between the DEWALT 7480 and the Bosch GTS1031 may be a tough choice because both have their own pros and cons. While the Bosch is compatible with dado blades, the DEWALT is not.
But it does have some innovative features increasing portability and slightly higher speed as compared to the DEWALT.
However, the DWE7480 is great in its own way with its longer warranty period and lighter weight, not to mention its wider range of rip capacities. The choice is up to you and it might be a smart decision to look up the prices of both before making a choice.
Last update on 2020-03-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last Updated on