A table saw is a woodworking tool made up of a mounted circular saw blade, operated through an electric motor. It is generally used to cut through wood and is a crucial part of construction activities.
The DEWALT DWE7491RS and Bosch 4100-09 are both 10-inch job site table saws with a 15-Amp motor and are mostly similar in terms of performance and customer satisfaction, with small differences between the two.
Comparison Table: DEWALT DWE7491RS and Bosch 4100-09
Here is a quick table comparing the table saws to help you make a fast decision –
|Maximum Rip Capacity
|26¼ x 22”
|29 x 21½”
|Cut Depth at 90°
|Cut Depth at 45°
|Blade guard with onboard storage
|Tool-free blade guard
|Dust Extraction System
|Could be improved
|3 years limited
|Who Should Use
|Home hobbyist, beginner
Quick Review of the DEWALT DWE7491RS
The DEWALT DWE7491RS Table Saw comes with a powerful 15-Amp motor that rips with ease through hardwoods at a 4800 RPM speed. Table size of 26¼ inch x 22 inch provides for greater support and stability.
This stylish table saw boasts of a 10-inch blade and a maximum rip capacity of 32.5-inch, thus, making quick, systematic ripping work possible. Maximum cut depth at 90° is 3⅛ inch and at 45° is 2¼ inch.
Narrow rip cuts are possible due to features like the patented material support and the flip-over ripping fence.
It comes with a rolling stand, allowing for better portability through easy set-up and breakdown in the workspace.
Check out this short set-up video for DWE7491RS:
- Good dust extraction system with 2″ dust collection port
- Quick and accurate fence adjustments with the Rack and Pinion Telescoping Fence system
- Easy access onboard storage system with Blade Guard Assembly
- Tool-free adjustments with the use of guarding components for each application
- Telescoping fence rails retract to create a small, portable package
- Deck not being completely flat hinders precision
- Too large folding stand
- Heavyweight at 90 pounds
- More challenging to transport than it seems
- Not compatible with older dado blades
The DEWALT DWE7491RS is ideal for the home hobbyist and serious woodworkers. It is suitable for trimming and installing hardwood floors due to its ease in ripping floorboards, moldings, wainscoting and ripping framing lumber.
It can also rip deck boards, rail cap, and railing, making it useful in deck building. This saw can be used by home remodelers as well.
Quick Review of Bosch 4100-09
Bosch is a German engineering and technology company founded in 1886. Bosch power tools are known for their speed, precision, and robustness, ensuring excellent work results.
The Bosch 4100-09 Worksite Table Saw is most popular for its ease of portability due to a sturdy, gravity-rise wheeled stand. It is a job site ready with heavy-duty construction.
This saw can also be adjusted to a convenient height which helps in precision.
A versatile 15-Amp motor with 4 HP provides work satisfaction even at 3650 RPM. The 29-inch x 21½ inch work table comes with a 10-inch blade dipped in carbide allowing for a 25-inch rip capacity.
This saw can smoothly rip sheets as wide as 4 feet in half. The maximum cut depth at 90° is 3⅛ inch and at 45° is 2½ inch.
Here’s a video that shows you how simple it is to set-up and store the Bosch 4100-09:
- Smart Guard System with a three-position adjustable riving knife, anti-kickback pawls, and non-obstructed-view barrier guard assembly
- Constant Response Circuitry to maintain speed under load and overload protection
- GTA47W Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand with 8-inch threaded rubber-composite tires and single-action design for easy transport
- SquareLock rip fence allows for one-handed operation as you glide along the rail
- Dust port prone to clogging
- Very bulky at 124 pounds
- Lacks precision
- Fence system is hard to adjust to
- Some customers experienced motor becoming loud over time
- Slightly high on the price scale
The Bosch 4100-09 table saw is better suited for professional workers and very serious woodworkers. The ease of portability makes it ideal for onsite construction activities.
Its ability to cut bigger chunks of wood quickly and greater durability also makes it useful for bigger projects.
It’s a close call when choosing between the DEWALT DWE7491RS and the Bosch 4100-09 because of certain similarities in their features. A comparison between the two mostly on the purpose and budget of the individual buyer.
Here’s a breakdown of the features of both the products.
As you can see, both these saws are excellent tools and would be useful additions to any workshop.
While there is no clear winner, the DEWALT model is generally preferred by customers purchasing for their personal workshops due to the ease of use, longer warranty period and the lower price.
But we definitely can’t overlook the Bosch’s convenience, better portability and additional features which make it a great tool.
In the end, it all comes down to you weighing the pros and cons for yourself to choose between these two products.
Last update on 2024-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API