A chainsaw is a powerful tool that is used to cut through wood with the help of a set of teeth attached to a rotating chain that runs along a guide bar.
It is the portable version of a mechanical saw and is useful in felling trees, pruning, harvesting of firewood and so on.
Featuring several design similarities, the ECHO CS-590 and the Husqvarna 460 Rancher are both excellent chainsaws for some heavy work by the homeowner.
At lesser fatigue, they provide powerful speed and convenient operation while also maintaining low exhaust emission levels. They can cut down big trees with great efficiency.
Let’s have a look at both chainsaws and compare their features.
Quick Review of the ECHO CS-590
ECHO Incorporated is well-known for its professional-grade, handheld power equipment that is used both on the commercial and household level. It is a subsidiary of the Yamabiko Corporation of Japan.
ECHO’s CS-590 Timber Wolf Chainsaw boasts of high-quality performance and not only cuts down on wood with impressive power with its 59.8 cc, 2-stroke engine but also takes into consideration the world’s urgent environmental demands with its reduced oil consumption.
The minimum compatible bar length for this chainsaw is 18 inches and the maximum is 24 inches. It provides the best possible cutting performance and is designed for heavy-duty work.
The anti-vibration system ensures the user doesn’t tire too much while operating the saw.
An efficient and easily portable tool, the CS-590 combines safety with ease of use and has made wood cutting a smooth job.
For a closer look at the ECHO CS-590, watch this video:
- G-Force Engine Air Pre-Cleaner reduces the need for frequent filter maintenance by ensuring clean air supply to the engine
- Automatic, adjustable clutch-driven oiler for reduced oil consumption
- Easy-access, heavy-duty two-piece air filter allows for easy cleaning
- Translucent fuel tank ensures quick fuel level checks
- Decompression valve makes starting the saw easier
- Slightly heavy
- Slightly high on the price scale
The ECHO CS-590 is a powerful homeowner chainsaw and was designed for cutting down big trees as smoothly as possible. It is ideal for frequent use around large areas of land including jobs like cutting firewood.
The average homeowner wanting to do some serious, heavy-duty work will not be disappointed by the power and durability afforded by this chainsaw.
Quick Review of Husqvarna 460 Rancher
Established more than 300 years ago, the Husqvarna Group is a leading Swedish manufacturer of outdoor, power-driven tools like chainsaws, lawn mowers, snow blowers, trimmers, garden tractors and so on.
Husqvarna’s 460 Rancher, a heavy-duty, gas-powered chainsaw, is designed to make swift and consistent at a speed of 9,000 RPM delivered by its powerful, 60.3cc X-Torq engine.
Its Smart Start system, combined start/stop switch and Air Purge which removes air from carburetor and fuel system, all make it easier to start.
This chainsaw boasts of a maximum bar length of 24 inches and has distinct marks made for better felling precision.
Chain tensioning is made easier with a side-mounted chain tensioner and anti-vibration dampeners lower stress upon the arms and hands during operation.
This saw has a forged three-piece crankshaft which ensures maximum durability at an affordable price.
It is lightweight, easy to maneuver with the help of its ergonomic front handle which provides a better grip and features an inertia-activated chain brake for safer use.
Check out this video for all the features of the Husqvarna 460:
- Smart Start feature designed to ensure that the engine starts quickly with minimum effort
- X-Torq gas engine consumes a lower volume of fuel and reduces exhaust emission levels, leading to more efficiency at a lesser cost to you and the environment
- Adjustable Oil Pump allows control over oil flow depending on application and weather conditions
- Air Injection: Centrifugal air cleaning system which removes larger dust particles before reaching the air filter and reduces the need for frequent filter cleaning
- Quick-Release Air Filter makes cleaning and replacement of air filter easier
- Air Purge reduces air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting
- LowVib: anti-vibration dampeners absorb vibration and reduce fatigue during longer operations
- Combined Choke/Stop Control makes it easier to start the engine and reduce the risk of engine flooding
- Inertia-activated Chain Brake stops chain rotation around the saw in case of kickback, preventing injury
- Slightly high on the price scale
The Husqvarna 460 Rancher is a great chainsaw for the hobbyists and homeowners with medium to large plots of land.
It is a good investment for someone looking for a lightweight but powerful saw for regular cutting, felling, and pruning of trees around the yard at the minimum possible level of fatigue.
Key Differences – Echo CS-590 vs Husqvarna 460
Although designed by different companies, both the ECHO CS-590 and the Husqvarna 460 have very similar features that deliver an equally powerful performance at almost the same price.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the specifications of both these products –
|PARAMETER||ECHO CS-590||HUSQVARNA 460|
|Engine||59.8 cc||60.3 cc|
|Power Output||3.9 HP||3.62 HP|
|Maximum Speed||13,000 RPM||9,000 RPM|
|Idle Speed||2,600 RPM||2,700 RPM|
|Compatible Bar Lengths||18”, 20”, 24”||13”-24”|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||0.17 Gallons||0.11 Gallons|
|Fuel Mix (Gas: Oil)||50:1||50:1|
|Oil Tank Capacity||10.2 fl oz.||11.0 fl oz.|
|Low Vibration System||Yes||Yes|
|Low Exhaust Emissions||Yes||Yes|
|Weight||17 lbs||13 lbs|
|Warranty Duration||5 years||2 years|
|Noise Level||High, hearing protection recommended||High, hearing protection recommended|
|Who Should Use||Homeowners, hobbyists||Homeowners, hobbyists|
When choosing between two similarly-designed products, price usually becomes the deciding factor.
But with frequent price fluctuations on online selling platforms, the Husqvarna 460 and the ECHO CS-590 are often available at near-identical prices.
Both are exceptional products but you might want to go for the ECHO if a long warranty period is important to you.
If you plan to use your chainsaw for hours on end, the Husqvarna will give you better ease of use due to its lighter weight. Either of the two, however, would be a great investment on your part.