ReviewsWorthy.net is reader-supported. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.Learn more
In Brief: HUSQVARNA 580BTS vs STIHL BR600
The Husqvarna 580BTS and the Stihl BR600 are two powerful and durable leaf blowers that are designed for professional use. While you may find the Husqvarna model to be superior in terms of performance and innovation of design, you will have to spend a bit more on this product as compared to the one by Stihl. A closer consideration of your needs and budget is pertinent before purchasing either.
A leaf blower, typically an electric or gas-powered tool, is used to clear leaves by blowing air at high speed out of a nozzle.
A very commonly used gardening tool, it is available today in the market as both a handheld device or a backpack unit or even as a larger unit that is mounted on wheels.
Both the Husqvarna 580BTS and the Stihl BR600 provide powerful performance that makes the task of leaf blowing more convenient and comfortable for the worker.
Designed for professional use, these leaf blowers have many similar features that make both of them environment-friendly tools that save cost as well as effort on the part of the user.
Let’s look over both these products closely and compare their features to understand the differences between the two.
Quick Review of the Husqvarna 580BTS
Established in Sweden more than 300 years ago, the Husqvarna Group is a manufacturer of outdoor, power-driven tools like chainsaws, lawnmowers, snowblowers, trimmers, garden tractors and so on.
The Husqvarna 580BTS Leaf Blower features an impressive 75.6cc engine with X-TORQ technology that delivers a maximum speed of 7,200 RPM.
With a horsepower of 4.3HP, this gas-powered engine boasts of a high blowing capacity and an efficient fan design that provides high airspeed of up to 206 miles per hour.
This leaf blower’s powerful performance is combined with a smart design that reduces strain upon the user.
The strategically placed handles and the load-reducing harness ensure that using this tool is as comfortable as possible for anyone who operates it.
The anti-vibration system further decreases fatigue when using the 580BTS for longer durations.
Several features of this product are also aimed at increasing engine life like the centrifugal air cleaning system and the commercial-grade air filters.
In addition, the Air Purge system provides for easier starting of the tool and the Cruise Control feature allows speed to be varied, according to the operator’s needs.
The 580BTS has ergonomic handles with rubber inserts and are also adjustable to be as convenient as can be for the user. Thus, this powerful tool ensures great performance at maximum comfort to its user.
Here’s a quick look at all the features of the Husqvarna 580BTS:
- X-TORQ gas engine delivers a high blowing capacity and at the same time, consumes a lower volume of fuel while reducing exhaust emission levels, leading to more efficiency at a lesser cost to the environment as well as the user
- High Blowing Capacity provided by the efficient fan design which generates high air speed and air flow
- Full Blow Force at Minimal Arm Strain: High air speed and air force are easy to control with the offset handle that prevents the arm from being pulled downwards by easing out the blow force
- Cruise Control: Variable speed settings available with a special throttle designed for easier handling
- LowVib: Anti-vibration dampeners fitted in between the engine and the chassis absorb vibration and reduce user fatigue caused during prolonged operation
- Air Purge system removes air from the carburetor and fuel system which allows for easy starting
- Air Injection: Centrifugal air cleaning system which removes larger dust particles before reaching the air filter and reduces the need for frequent filter cleaning while, at the same time, also extending engine life
- Commercial grade air filter with two-stage intake air filtration allows for the tool to be operated for longer periods in dusty conditions
- Load-reducing and ventilated harness with hip belt and wide shoulder straps that makes carrying around the blower easier and less tiring
- Suitable only for professional use
- Slightly bulky
- Slightly higher on the price scale
The Husqvarna 580BTS is one of the most powerful leaf blowers available on the market.
This commercial backpack blower is designed to tackle the hardest of tasks and is meant for use by the professional or semi-professional worker.
It is ideal for prolonged periods of operation involving jobs that require the highest possible sir speed.
Quick Review of the Stihl BR600
Stihl is a world-renowned manufacturer of chainsaws and other handheld outdoor power equipment that is reliable and innovative. It was founded in 1926, in Germany.
The Stihl BR600 has a 64.8cc engine that is powered by gas but ensures minimum possible levels of exhaust emissions.
It is easy to start and stop with the help of an easily accessible switch accompanied by a throttle trigger lock, making it convenient to use.
Like the Husqvarna model, this leaf blower by Stihl also has an anti-vibration system aimed at reducing strain upon the user.
The adjustable support harness makes it even more comfortable to operate this tool as it distributes the weight evenly upon the shoulders.
The BR600 also features a multi-function control handle that gives the user easy access to the device.
This leaf blower is a fuel-efficient, powerful, and durable that is designed to be easily carried around and worked for long hours. It is easily portable and delivers a high air speed of 199 miles per hour.
Take a closer look at the features of the Stihl BR600 with this product video:
- Throttle Trigger Lock with built-in momentary stop switch makes turning off the engine easy with a simple push of a button and it can be turned back on just as easily since the throttle lock returns automatically to the start setting
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology ensures lower levels of exhaust emissions, making it a cleaner, environment-friendly tool
- Anti-Vibration System ensures a more comfortable operation and helps reduce user fatigue
- Purge Pump Primer makes it possible to prime the carburetor with fuel which leads to easier starting and lesser chances of flooding
- Adjustable Support Harness distributes the weight of this backpack leaf blower evenly across the shoulders and back, reducing the strain upon the user during prolonged use
- Multi-Function Control Handle gives easy access to the tool so that tasks can be completed quickly and conveniently without needing to move the hand to another handle
- Not as powerful as some of its competitors
- Only available through licensed dealers
The Stihl BR600 is designed for heavy-duty work by professionals. However, hobbyists and homeowners can also make good use of it.
Since it is convenient to carry around, it makes a suitable choice for a wide range of people in a variety of settings.
The Husqvarna 580BTS is undoubtedly a more powerful tool than the Stihl BR600 and has many attractive features that instantly give it an edge when comparing these two products.
Here’s a quick look at the specifications of these two products –
|PARAMETER||HUSQVARNA 580BTS||STIHL BR600|
|Engine||75.6 cc||64.8 cc|
|Idle Speed||2,000 RPM||2,500 RPM|
|Air Flow in Pipe||908 CFM||677 CFM|
|Fuel Tank Volume||87.9 fl oz||47.3 fl oz|
|Air Speed (Round Nozzle)||206 mph||199 mph|
|Blowing Force||40 N||32 N|
|Sound Pressure Level at Operator’s Ear||100 dB(A)||100 dB(A)|
|Vibration||1.6 m/s²||1.8 m/s²|
|Electrode Gap||0.03 in||0.02 in|
|Spark Plug||NGK CMR 7 H||NGK CMR 6 H|
|Low Exhaust Emissions||Yes||Yes|
|Weight||25.8 lbs||21.6 lbs|
|Availability||Available online||Available only with licensed dealers|
|Warranty Duration||2 years limited||2 years limited|
|Who Should Use||Professionals||Professionals, hobbyists, homeowners|
|Price||Check Offers on Amazon||Check on Stihl Website|
The Husqvarna 580BTS takes its job of leaf blowing very seriously. Its features are optimized for easy control and use, and it delivers a truly impressive level of performance with its superior engine.
But it is not as budget-friendly as the Stihl BR600 which also performs well if your work demands are not quite as heavy-duty.