ROCKWELL RK3440K vs RK3441K
The biggest difference between Rockwell’s RK3440K and RK3441K is the number and applicability of the blades that they come with. While the RK3440K has three different blades that can work with a variety of materials, the RK3441K only has one blade designed to work only with wood. If that doesn’t make the decision for you, these two saws have some other design differences that might help you choose.
A circular saw is most commonly ideal for making rip cuts and cross cuts on wood, they can also be designed to work with metal, plastic, and masonry.
Rockwell Tools manufactures a variety of power tools and hand tools for use in the construction as well as woodworking industries by professionals and hobbyists alike.
The RK3440K and the RK3441K both manufactured by Rockwell are both powerful and efficient circular saws that are designed to work with different kinds of materials.
They both have excellent no-load speeds and compact designs that improve ease of use in addition to features that promise accuracy.
Let’s look at both products separately to understand their designs and applications better and then analyse their differences.
Quick Review of the Rockwell RK3440K
The Rockwell RK3440RK Versacut Mini Circular Saw delivers an impressive no-load speed of 3,500 RPM on a power input of 4 Amps.
It provides the most accurate and clean rip cuts and plunge cuts with the help of the Laserguide Technology that does away with the need to measure the same cut twice.
The RK3440RK comes with three different kinds of blades designed to cut through different kinds of materials which makes this saw a truly versatile tool. A 24T carbide-dipped blade assists in cutting through various kinds of wood.
A 44T HSS blade helps in cutting through aluminum and PVC, and a diamond Grit blade makes it possible to cut through ceramic tile and cement board.
This saw has an ultra-compact design which makes it an efficient and portable tool. It’s slim, metal design increases comfort while operation and also increases its durability.
It is easy to use and maneuver and helps in executing a variety of different projects.
For a closer look at the RK3440K’s VersaCut technology, check out this video:
- Three different kinds of blades for different cutting purposes – a 24T carbide-tipped blade designed for efficient woodcutting, a 44T HSS blade made for cutting aluminum and PVC with ease, and a Diamond Grit blade which cuts through ceramic tile and cement board quickly and smoothly
- Versacut Technology makes it possible to cut through materials that are thicker than one inch with great accuracy and power and can be used even in smaller areas that necessitate the use of a more compact saw
- Laser Guide Technology gives the ability to make the smoothest and cleanest rip cuts and plunge cuts without the need to measure the cut twice which saves the user’s time as well as money
- Pivoting Metal Guard makes plunge cuts easier to make by providing an extra safety mechanism and ease of use
- Dust Extraction Adaptor keeps the area around the spot where the cut is to be made clean and clear of dust so that visibility is maximum and work can be done with the utmost accuracy
- Lock-Off Switch designed to prevent accidental starting is an extra safety feature
Full Metal Inner and Outer Guard design affords more durability to the tool and increases the life of the product
- Depth-Adjustment Lever is quick and easy to access and allows the user to move the indicator to the desired depth and lock the mechanism without any hassle
- Slim design with rear motor construction decreases the fatigue experienced by the operator and affords him more comfort
- Bevel cut capacity is missing
- Blade could be made easier to view while operating
The Rockwell RK3440K’s three-blade system can cut through a wide range of materials including wood, plastic, ceramic tile, flooring, slate, aluminum, sheet metal, and so on.
This saw’s precision is best-suited to the needs of the professional worker but DIY-enthusiasts will also find this tool a good investment that promises great results.
Quick Review of the Rockwell RK3441K
The Rockwell RK3441K Circular Saw boasts of a no-load speed of 3,500 RPM and best-in-class cutting capacity. It has a single blade ideal for working with wood and is easy to use and maneuver with its slim design.
This tool promises superior accuracy and better visibility while cutting since its blade is located on the left side of the saw. This blade also demands lesser effort on the part of the user which makes it more comfortable to use.
Adjustments on the RK3441K are made easy with the easy-set depth gauge and the dust collection system makes it convenient and efficient to use.
Portability is made easier with this tool’s compact design in addition to giving the user better control over the operation of the saw.
- Single blade positioned on the left-hand side of the tool gives the user a greater level of cut-line visibility, ensuring higher cutting accuracy and work efficiency
- Smaller and thinner blade makes the cutting action smoother and requires less effort and motor strain, thus delivering superior performance
- Maximum blade clearance ensures for top quality cutting capacity
- Easy-set depth gauge lever makes it possible to set up and make adjustments quicker and with more ease
- Built-in dust port and adapter that can be easily connected to the vacuum and promises a cleaner work station
- Compact design makes this saw easier to use and maneuver, especially overhead, as well as provides for easy portability and transport because of its light weight
- Slim-Line grip design that is made for the best possible comfort and control, affording the user with superior balance so as to make work more efficient and precise
- Laser Marker is missing
- Can only cut through wood
The Rockwell RK3441RK Circular Saw is designed to be used while working with different kinds of wood like plywood, hardwood flooring, lumber, molding, pegboard, dowels, and so on.
Like the RK3440RK, it is ideal for use by both the professional worker as well as the DIY-enthusiast or the hobbyist.
ROCKWELL RK3440K vs RK3441K – Key Differences
Both the RK3440K and the RK3441K by Rockwell provide precision and accuracy while cutting but these two saws are designed for different applications and different materials.
Here’s a quick look at difference both their features and specifications –
|PARAMETER||ROCKWELL RK3440K||ROCKWELL RK3441K|
|Power Input||4 Amps||5 Amps|
|No-Load Speed||3,500 RPM||3,500 RPM|
|No. of Blades Included||3||1 (4½ inches in diameter)|
|Maximum Cutting Depth at 90°||1-3/20 in.||1-11/16 in.|
|Maximum Bevel Capacity||45°|
|Cord Length||10 ft.||10 ft.|
|Cuts Through||Tile, wood, sheet metal, plastics, and flooring||Wood|
|Laser Marker for Alignment||Yes||No|
|Weight||4 lbs||5 lbs|
|Warranty Duration||3 years||3 years|
|Who Should Use||Professionals, hobbyists||Professionals, hobbyists|
|Price||Check Price on Amazon||Check Price on Amazon|
Choosing between the RK3440K and the RK3441K comes down to what you’re going to be working with.
If you want versatility and are looking for a saw that quickly cuts through a variety of woods, metals, and tiles, then RK3440K is the best tool for you.
But if your project only consists of cutting through wood, then the RK3441K specialises in that and would be the perfect fit for you.
Last update on 2020-07-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last Updated on